Streetcar Moves to Every Day Operation


Stating this past Sunday September 18, the DC streetcar began every day operation. For the previous six months, the streetcar ran only Monday - Saturday. I found myself wanting to hop on to run errands (or just get out of house) on Sundays and been reminded half way out the front door that I should look for the next bus instead.

However, as of today, the streetcar is running seven days a week with the added bonus of moving to 12 minute headways, down from 15 minutes. Although I did like the predictability of having trains leave Union Station on every quarter hour (4:00, 4:15, 4:30, etc), I like shorter headways better. If they could possibly get that time frame down to 10 minutes, that would complete the loop for the first phase of streetcar implementation, for me anyway. The hours for streetcar are now: 

Monday-Thursday: 6:00 a.m. – midnight
Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Sunday (and all holidays): 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. 

Popular posts from this blog

300 Unit Tower Proposed Near Hechinger Mall

Delta Towers Will Add New Housing & Retail

A Langston for Langston, But Not That One